Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Krugersdorp <mx...@specstores.co.za> on 2014/03/11 06:34:48 UTC

Openoffice Error Message: Cannot Fix

Hi,

I get this error message on a Mac. I cannot get it away. Even after a =
complete reinstall it still shows me this message.

What do I do?

"The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while =
reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again

If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position =
the windows yourself.

Don't Reopen or Reopen"

Regards
Jannus

Re: Openoffice Error Message: Cannot Fix

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
> I get this error message on a Mac. I cannot get it away. Even after a =
> complete reinstall it still shows me this message.
>
> What do I do?
>
> "The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while =
> reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again
>
> If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position =
> the windows yourself.
>
> Don't Reopen or Reopen"
>
> Regards
> Jannus

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is
in the "Saved Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Known bug listed in the release notes, with solution for the problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Dave