Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Beekwilder, Norm" <No...@tridium.com> on 2021/02/26 17:03:43 UTC

Proton-J SSL configuration

Hi,
  I'm using Proton-J 0.33.6 for a Java 8 client application. I have a security requirement to restrict which cipher suites are used when connecting. However, other than using Proton.sslDomain().setSslContext(SSLContext) I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure the SSL connection. I would prefer a programmatic solution if one exists but am willing to investigate other options too.
Thanks
Norm

Re: Proton-J SSL configuration

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I think that setting your own SSLContext will be the only way to
achieve that. It's certainly one of the reasons that ability was
added.

If you are starting out, you might want to look at e.g
https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-proton/ or
https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-amqp-client/ instead, which each
build a think layer on each other and on proton-j in its original
protocol-engine usage model (rather than the reactor bits) and
leveraging Netty for IO and TLS etc.