Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by John Bartak <jo...@autodesk.com> on 2010/07/31 03:04:32 UTC

Setting OAuthArguments for Gadgets

I'm trying to use the sample gadget found at http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/oauth.html with an OAuth provider that does strict checking of OAuth arguments (DotNetOpenAuth).  The accessToken request is getting rejected because of the extra arguments Shindig adds to the request (opensocial_owner_id, etc.).   In OAuthRequest.addIdentityParam there is a check on OAuthArgumentss.getSignOwner & getSignViewer to determine if these extra arguments should be added.

How do I add the "signOwner" and "signViewer" parameters to the request from the gadget spec?  I've tried adding it in to the accessToken request as a query string parameter and get an error when I try to render the gadget:
org.apache.shindig.common.xml.XmlException: The reference to entity "signViewer" must end with the ';' delimiter. At: (30,104)

I can't figure out where else to try adding it.

Any suggestions?

Re: Setting OAuthArguments for Gadgets

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.
If I'm not mistaken you set this in the makeRequest params:

   url = "http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/default/base?alt=json";
      params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.CONTENT_TYPE] =
gadgets.io.ContentType.JSON;
      params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.AUTHORIZATION] =
gadgets.io.AuthorizationType.OAUTH;
      params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.OAUTH_SERVICE_NAME] = "google";
      params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.OAUTH_USE_TOKEN] = "always";
      params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.METHOD] = gadgets.io.MethodType.GET;

params['OWNER_SIGNED'] = 'false';
params['VIEWER_SIGNED'] = 'false';

This isn't standardized as or documented as far as I can tell.

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner