Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2016/02/01 13:20:57 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Accept Joshua as an Apache Incubator Podling

I know this is specifically called-out in the proposal, but it
does seem worthy of further discussion.

This has a pretty small list of initial committers, esp when one considers
how over-booked 2 of them appear to be.

So, realistically, how active do both Chris and Lewis expect
to be?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Accept Joshua as an Apache Incubator Podling

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
OK, cool... Just thought the topic warranted some level of
discussion ;)

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
+1 (binding).

Thanks!

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>:

> Hey Jim,
>
> This is a valid concern, one that I hope is mediated by taking
> however long it takes in Incubation to attract some new committers
> to work on the project. Hopefully too you saw how long I took to
> allow the discussion to occur and so forth.
>
> Lewis has actively contributed to Joshua already - you can see -
> via the HomeBrew package he created, see:
>
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/pull/45746
>

> You can see too it wasn’t something just recent or something
> super quick it’s something he had to work at.
>
> As for me, my involvement is going to be limited, but I am
> actively pursuing Tika’s integration with Joshua as part of
> TIKA-1343: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1343.
>
> Finally my suspicion is that Tom, Henry and Tommaso will
> contribute a lot as well.

FWIW although I'm new to Joshua I am very interested and plan to contribute
(maybe we integrations here and there, hint hint) as much as I can.

Regards,
Tommaso