Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Anja Skrba <an...@webhostinggeeks.com> on 2013/02/28 19:36:39 UTC

Permission to translate your page at http://felix.apache.org/

Dear Sir,

I am writing to inquire regarding your web page about Apache Felix
Framework Usage Documentation where I have found a lot of useful
information. My name is Anja and I'm currently studying at the Faculty
of Computer Science in Belgrade.
Here is the URL of your article:
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-usage-documentation.html

I would like to share it with the people from Former Yugoslav Republics:
Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I would be grateful if you could allow me to translate your writing into
Serbo-Croatian language, that is used in all Former Yugoslav Republics
and to post it on my website. Hopefully, it will help our people to
gather some additional knowledge about computing.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Anja Skrba
anjas@webhostinggeeks.com
http://science.webhostinggeeks.com/
Tel: +381 62 300604

Re: Permission to translate your page at http://felix.apache.org/

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 3/11/13 09:59 , Rob Walker wrote:
> Oops - it did sound a slightly odd request, I guess now we know why.

Well, it wouldn't be so odd if they actually cared, but since they are
just going out to a multitude of sites requesting this, it gives you
reason to pause.

-> richard

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Anja Skrba <an...@webhostinggeeks.com>.

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
That sounds like a plan.

Posted by Anja Skrba <an...@webhostinggeeks.com>.
Hi Rob,

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.

Posted by Anja Skrba <an...@webhostinggeeks.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Anja Skrba <an...@webhostinggeeks.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
I agree and would just ask for a link back to the original page.

BTW: you might want to refer to the new page http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-framework/apache-felix-framework-usage-documentation.html

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
Anja

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Anja Skrba <an...@webhostinggeeks.com> wrote:
> ...I would be grateful if you could allow me to translate your writing into
> Serbo-Croatian language, that is used in all Former Yugoslav Republics and
> to post it on my website...

>From the foundation's point of view, this is cool as long as your
website makes it clear that it is not associated with or endorsed by
the Apache Software Foundation -
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ has some more info.

As long as you keep to true facts such as "this is my own translation
of the Apache Felix documentation" as opposed to "this is the
Serbo-Croatian documentation of Apache Felix", and link to the
original documentation, you're fine, and it's a great way to spread
the word!

-Bertrand