Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martijn Brinkers <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/17 00:30:23 UTC

T5 ioc eager load with more than one module

Hi,

I'm using Tapestry 5 IOC stand alone (ie not using the web stuff). I
have two modules for building my services. Some services need to be
eager loaded so I have added the @EagerLoad annotation and call
performRegistryStartup() after RegistryBuilder.build().

The problem I face is that only the services from one module are eager
loaded but both modules have services that need to be eager loaded. It
seems that after eager loading the services of one module eager loading
just stops scanning other modules.

Is this by design or is this a bug?

Martijn Brinkers

Re: T5 ioc eager load with more than one module

Posted by Martijn Brinkers <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems to happend when the following applies:

I have two modules, module A and module B. Module A has two services SA1
and SA2 both of them are eager loaded. Module B depends on module A so a
SubModule annotation is added to Module B. Module B has one service SB1.
SB1 is also eager loaded. SB1 needs SA1 for building the service.

If the registry is started and the services are eager loaded using
performRegistryStartup() only SB1 and SA2 are eager loaded. SA1 is build
when used whereas I would expect it to be eager loaded as well.

I have opened a Jira issue and attached a small test case.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2267

Martijn Brinkers

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm using Tapestry 5 IOC stand alone (ie not using the web stuff). I
>  have two modules for building my services. Some services need to be
>  eager loaded so I have added the @EagerLoad annotation and call
>  performRegistryStartup() after RegistryBuilder.build().
>
>  The problem I face is that only the services from one module are eager
>  loaded but both modules have services that need to be eager loaded. It
>  seems that after eager loading the services of one module eager loading
>  just stops scanning other modules.
>
>  Is this by design or is this a bug?
>
>  Martijn Brinkers

Howard M. Lewis Ship