Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Komal Sethi <ks...@Agillion.com> on 2000/06/22 21:17:52 UTC

problem

I am trying to run ant with the ibm 1.1.8 jdk and i get the following error:

Buildfile: build.xml
Setting project property: ant.java.version -> 1.1
Detected Java Version: 1.1
Detected OS: Windows NT
 +User task: javadoc2     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javadoc
 +User task: javadoc     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javadoc
 +User task: tar     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Tar
 +User task: copydir     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copydir
 +User task: fixcrlf     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.FixCRLF
 +User task: tstamp     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Tstamp
 +User task: expand     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand
 +User task: property     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Property
 +User task: keysubst     org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.KeySubst
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CompileTask
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.<init>(Project.java:128)

Any clues? my build.xml file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="agillion" default="genschema" basedir=".">
 <property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>

</project>

Komal Sethi
Agillion, Inc.
(512) 682-8059
ksethi@agillion.com
http://www.agillion.com <http://www.agillion.com/>

Re: problem

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
>Any clues? my build.xml file looks like:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><project name="agillion" default="genschema" basedir=".">
> <property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>
>
></project>

ahh yep ... you have not specified target "genschema" or any target for
that matter !
Cheers,

Pete

RE: problem

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
Komal,

Just update ant from the latest CVS and build again. I think the error you
are seeing was due to a small typo in the default.properties file which was
fixed yesterday.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill