Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rice Yeh <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/21 04:28:19 UTC

Timeout setting for downloading from remote repository

Hi,
  Is there timeout setting for downloading from remote repository? My
environment is behind a firewall which scans any file downloaded from the
internet for virus dection. Hence, each time I run maven to build some
artifact, it always get timeout.

Regards,
Rice

Re: Timeout setting for downloading from remote repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
not at the moment, but if it is attempting to download and you don't
want it to, you can use -o or change maven.repo.remote to an in-house
repository.

A timeout will only help it fail faster if it really needs the
artifact and you don't have it downloaded anywhere.

- Brett