Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/05/10 18:34:49 UTC

Integrating Apache Ignite with Mesos

Hello Mesos community,

I would like to start a conversation on integrating Apache Ignite with
Mesos. If you are not familiar with Ignite, it is an in-memory data fabric
providing clustering and various distributed caching and data processing
capabilities. More on Ignite here: https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/

To get started, we are looking at various existing implementations. Do you
have examples of distributed in memory systems running on top of Mesos? We
have looked at Spark and will probably take it as a reference
implementation, but if you can point us to other examples, it would be
great.

Also, is there a common place to host the integration modules for Mesos? I
have done some searching but could not find anything.

Thanks,
D.

Re: Integrating Apache Ignite with Mesos

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
The github.com/mesosphere/ org is for projects under the direction of the
company Mesosphere. Probably not the right place unless you want to donate
the code to Mesosphere.

github.com/mesos/ is the community repo, administered by Apache Mesos
committers, but not under the direct jurisdiction of Apache Software
Foundation itself. This is a great starting place for community projects,
although some (e.g. Apache Spark <https://github.com/mesos/spark> or Apache
Myriad <https://github.com/mesos/myriad> for YARN) eventually become their
own Apache projects. This may be a suitable place for your framework to
start. Let us know and we can fork an existing repo or create a new one for
you.

Alternatively, you may wish to push the Ignite-Mesos framework upstream to
the Apache Ignite codebase itself. Apache Spark includes the Mesos
framework in its main codebase. The Kubernetes-Mesos framework is working
on pushing the framework code upstream to Kubernetes proper. For this to
work, you will need buy-in from the Ignite community.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.