Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Hubertus Groepper <hu...@groepper.com> on 2004/05/15 00:15:42 UTC

pubs.root.dirs in build.properties

Hi all,
I want to move my testing-pub to my /home-Folder. So I appended the
full path of a new directory to pubs.root.dirs in build.properties,
copied the entire folder with my working testing-pub over from
lenya/pubs to that new location and rebuilt. Everything's fine, but my
testing-publication doesn't show up. Is it actually supposed to (me
thinking yes)? What could be wrong here? Thanks for any help,
hubertus

Re: pubs.root.dirs in build.properties

Posted by Hubertus Groepper <hu...@groepper.com>.
Am 15.05.2004 um 00:49 schrieb Michael Wechner:

> Hubertus Groepper wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I want to move my testing-pub to my /home-Folder. So I appended the
>> full path of a new directory to pubs.root.dirs in build.properties,
>> copied the entire folder with my working testing-pub over from
>> lenya/pubs to that new location and rebuilt. Everything's fine, but
>> my testing-publication doesn't show up. Is it actually supposed to
>> (me thinking yes)?
>

> actually yes ;-) This is the idea of pubs.root.dirs, e.g.
>
> pubs.root.dirs=src/webapp/lenya/pubs:/home/michi/my-pub
>
> Can you specify the actual paths you used and the snippet from
> build.properties?

Ok, my mistake: I thought that a root-dir contains different sub-dirs
for each publication, just as leny/pubs/ for default, blog, docs etc.
Pointing to an actual publication dir works as advertised. Thanks,
hubertus

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Hubertus Groepper wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to move my testing-pub to my /home-Folder. So I appended the
> full path of a new directory to pubs.root.dirs in build.properties,
> copied the entire folder with my working testing-pub over from
> lenya/pubs to that new location and rebuilt. Everything's fine, but my
> testing-publication doesn't show up. Is it actually supposed to (me
> thinking yes)?

actually yes ;-) This is the idea of pubs.root.dirs, e.g.

pubs.root.dirs=src/webapp/lenya/pubs:/home/michi/my-pub

Can you specify the actual paths you used and the snippet from
build.properties?

Michi

> What could be wrong here? Thanks for any help,
> hubertus

Michael Wechner