Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Dave Steinberg <da...@geekisp.com> on 2005/11/29 17:35:34 UTC

another link on the SVN hosting page

Hello, I recently was referred to your list of SVN hosting companies by a
new customer of mine.  The page to which I am referring is here:

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html

I was hoping you could add a link to my hosting company, GeekISP
(www.geekisp.com).  We offer
a full featured hosting service, including SVN access over SSH, svnserve,
and soon over svnserve on port 80 (for a customer with a restrictive
firewall).  Trac service is included for all SVN repositories.  The
primary account holder has full administrative access via trac-admin and
svnadmin.

If there is any other information required, or if there is a different
procedure to follow when requesting a link, please let me know.

PS - My apologies if this is the incorrect list, the only reference I saw
to an email address on this page was a "Let us know" link.

Thanks for your time,
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/

Re: another link on the SVN hosting page

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Dave Steinberg <da...@geekisp.com> writes:
> Thanks for going so far, I've also added pointers in the FAQ to aid
> users, and hopefully made it much clearer!
>
> http://www.geekisp.com/source_control.php
> http://www.geekisp.com/faq/1_42_en.html

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html#hosting  :-)

(r17562 should make it to the live site within an hour)

Best,
-Karl

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand

Re: another link on the SVN hosting page

Posted by Dave Steinberg <da...@geekisp.com>.
> Yup, this is the right place to mail.
>
> Tell you what: you put "Subversion" or "SVN" somewhere on your web
> pages, as visible as "CVS" is now, and we'll list you on our links
> page :-).

I've gone ahead and updated the main 'CVS' link to be 'CVS / SVN',
and changed a whole slew of the language on that page to apply to SVN
as well.

> This isn't as blatant a link trade proposal as it sounds.  I simply
> don't want to be sending browsers over to GeekISP for Subversion
> hosting, and then have them not be able to find it.

Rightfully so, that was an oversight really.  I'd say my SVN service
is far superior to my CVS service (and I'm trying to transition my
current CVS users over to SVN, since frankly it's easier to manage).

>   I looked around
> and didn't see anything about it (except for one brief mention in one
> of the testimonials, and even that wasn't clear as to whether the
> service currently existed or was being anticipated).  A search in the
> FAQ for "Subversion" turned up nothing; a search for "SVN" turned up
> one hit, a statement that SVN repositories are included in backups.
> If I hadn't been unusually persistent, I wouldn't have been able to
> tell that GeekISP offers Subversion hosting, and even now I don't have
> any direct statements about it except your email.

Thanks for going so far, I've also added pointers in the FAQ to aid
users, and hopefully made it much clearer!

http://www.geekisp.com/source_control.php
http://www.geekisp.com/faq/1_42_en.html

Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/
http://www.steinbergcomputing.com/

Re: another link on the SVN hosting page

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Dave Steinberg" <da...@geekisp.com> writes:
> Hello, I recently was referred to your list of SVN hosting companies by a
> new customer of mine.  The page to which I am referring is here:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html
>
> I was hoping you could add a link to my hosting company, GeekISP
> (www.geekisp.com).  We offer
> a full featured hosting service, including SVN access over SSH, svnserve,
> and soon over svnserve on port 80 (for a customer with a restrictive
> firewall).  Trac service is included for all SVN repositories.  The
> primary account holder has full administrative access via trac-admin and
> svnadmin.
>
> If there is any other information required, or if there is a different
> procedure to follow when requesting a link, please let me know.
>
> PS - My apologies if this is the incorrect list, the only reference I saw
> to an email address on this page was a "Let us know" link.

Yup, this is the right place to mail.

Tell you what: you put "Subversion" or "SVN" somewhere on your web
pages, as visible as "CVS" is now, and we'll list you on our links
page :-).

This isn't as blatant a link trade proposal as it sounds.  I simply
don't want to be sending browsers over to GeekISP for Subversion
hosting, and then have them not be able to find it.  I looked around
and didn't see anything about it (except for one brief mention in one
of the testimonials, and even that wasn't clear as to whether the
service currently existed or was being anticipated).  A search in the
FAQ for "Subversion" turned up nothing; a search for "SVN" turned up
one hit, a statement that SVN repositories are included in backups.
If I hadn't been unusually persistent, I wouldn't have been able to
tell that GeekISP offers Subversion hosting, and even now I don't have
any direct statements about it except your email.

Thank you,
-Karl