Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by alex <al...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/11 10:56:30 UTC

Fop Hanging in Cocoon

Hi folks,

Sorry for asking this here and not just on the Cocoon list but.......

I have a simple website in xml which is getting converted to html by cocoon
2.0rc2. Cocoon also generates fo (in memory) and uses a slightly old
version of FOP to generate the PDF.

At least that is the idea. The PDF seems to sometimes work the first time,
and then takes minutes to work if ever. There is no evidence of a busy
computer - the CPU is quiet at 2% activity..... (whatever that means - I'm
using NT4).

If on the other hand I just generate the fo files (which takes under a
second each) I can then use FOP on the command line to generate all the
PDFs in seconds.. (Using FOP 20.2 - unfortunately slightly later than the
one in Cocoon).

Does anyone have any further ideas on what may be going wrong? I realise
this may not be a fault directly with Fop but please bear with me.

Cheers

Alex Mc

(I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 as the servlet container)