Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2002/10/28 17:04:07 UTC

[Fwd: Incorrect MIME Types set on Mirrors]

The following message details a configuration problem in some of our
mirrors.  Specifically, .msi files are being delivered with the
mime-type "text/plain".

Mirror owners, could you please check your configuration to make sure
you deliver .msi files with the correct mime type.  There are several
ways you can do this:

1. If you follow the configuration instructions at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
you will not have this problem.  There is an .htaccess file in
/dist/httpd/ that sets the appropriate mime-type.  With AllowOverride
set correctly in httpd.conf, you will pick up that .htaccess and
get the right configuration.

2. Add
AddType application/octet-stream .msi
to your httpd.conf or to mime.types.

3. Change your DefaultType directive to application/octet-stream
(but that may lead to other problems).

Thanks for your help in delivering the Apache Software to the world!

Joshua.

Posted by Pieter De Wit <pi...@vodacom.co.za>.
apache.insync.za.net - checked and working