Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Ashley Hayes <as...@macalla.com> on 2003/10/17 12:14:56 UTC

why does Torque select all the data of an object prior to a sav e ( update )

Hi,
	I was looking at the sql statements made by my torque application. I
noticed that if you retrieve an object from storage, SELECT .... FROM ...
WHERE ...

 then update an attribute and call save , the all the data is retrieved
again and then the update statement executed

e.g. SELECT * FROM ... WHERE ID=1280
     UPDATE ... SET DATETIME = ?, STATUS_ID = ? WHERE ID = ?

The torque code that is causing this in  BasePeer:
public static void doUpdate(
        Criteria selectCriteria,
        Criteria updateValues,
        Connection con)
        throws TorqueException
{
}

Is this behaviour by torque design or the only way torque can update records
via the village library?
thanks

RE: why does Torque select all the data of an object prior to a save ( update )

Posted by Ramesh Sabeti <rs...@reazon.com>.
Ashley,

Did you find an answer to your question, or find a solution?  I'm
running into the same problem.  It's crashing the Oracle server after a
few days of use.

Ramesh.