Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 00:07:13 UTC

Re: InstallationContext.getInstallationDescriptionExtensions not returning all extensions.

On 7/30/07, cgallemore <cg...@gestalt-llc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a new Service Engine and i have defined some extensions in my jbi.xml
> like below:
>
> <component>
>         Component info
>         <!-- Installation Description Extensions -->
>         <observer:Observer>true</observer:Observer>
>         <config:Configuration>
>                 <config:Location>localhost</config:Location>
>                 <config:Port>8888</config:Port>
>         </config:Configuration
> </component>
>
> The problem I am having is that when I call
> getInstallationDescriptorExtension during my Bootstrap init(), I only get
> back to following
> extensions:
>
> <observer:Observer>true</observer:Observer>
>
> The rest of the extensions are being left off.  I checked out the source
> code and verified that what I thought I was seeing was correct.
> I modified the ComponentTest (under /core/servicemix-core) to compare the
> expected output to the actual output, also modified the component.xml
> used in the test to include a extension like the one above.  Once I did this
> the unit test failed, and as expected it failed, only returning
> me the first extension listed.
>
> Is this expected behavior, or is this a bug?  I have tested this same
> component with OpenESB, and it parses my Extensions fine.  I looked
> at the spec and it doesn't really define wheter or not you can have multiple
> extensions, with different namespaces, or not.  Let me know
> if I need to file a bug, or I can reach out the the OpenESB community as
> well and see what the expected behavior should be.

Please open a new JIRA issue for this and make sure to include all of
this detail. It would also help if you could attach a diff of the
modifications you made to the test to get it to fail.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: InstallationContext.getInstallationDescriptionExtensions not returning all extensions.

Posted by cgallemore <cg...@gestalt-llc.com>.
I have already created a jira issue
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1027) and I uploaded the unit
test and the component.xml that I modified to verify the bug.