Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by an...@free.fr on 2013/04/21 12:01:14 UTC

HDFS load-balancing

Hello everybody.

I am wondering how HDFS deals with load balancing. I mean, there is on primary namenode and only one secondary namenode (if I well understood the documentation).

Is that right?

But with only one server answering all requests, I can't imagine it could be enough.
I have also read that facebook use that FS so it might be possible, isn't it?

Regards.

Anthony.

Re: HDFS load-balancin

Posted by Hadoop <bi...@gmail.com>.
 LThanks and RegardsPm
Benoy Antonyppm

Re: HDFS load-balancin

Posted by Hadoop <bi...@gmail.com>.
 LThanks and RegardsPm

Re: HDFS load-balancin

Posted by Hadoop <bi...@gmail.com>.
 LThanks and RegardsPm

Re: HDFS load-balancin

Posted by Hadoop <bi...@gmail.com>.
 LThanks and RegardsPm

Re: HDFS load-balancing

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Federation is already distributed (a namespace part per node); are you
asking about something else?

--
Harsh J

Re: HDFS load-balancing