Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Pejman Hosseini <pe...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/23 13:54:21 UTC

RDMA on apache mahout

Hello everybody!

I want to implement RDMA on Mahout as a part of my Thesis inspired by
"Accelerating
Big Data Processing with Hadoop, Spark, and Memcached on Datacenters with
Modern Architectures
<http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/%7Epanda/isca15_bigdata.pdf>".
Unfortunately I can't find any papers or references that explain or
implemente it. I wanted to know whether it is possible at all?

--

*Seyyed Pejman Hosseini <pe...@gmail.com>*

Re: RDMA on apache mahout

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Pejman,

Not sure quite what you are asking.

How is implementing RDMA in Drill different than adding RDMA to Spark or
H2O (the backends that Mahout uses)?