Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Andrey Dudin <do...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/21 11:13:37 UTC

move topologies between servers

Hi all.

Do someone have working way to move topologies between servers or up
topology on specific server? Is it possible?

--
С уважением Дудин Андрей

Re: move topologies between servers

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
That is possible, as long as the default scheduler is allowed to deploy
topologies to **all** servers (ie, your special servers are available to
default scheduler, too).

(At least I think no, maybe it is even possible to exclude your special
servers -- see comment below.)

For this, you can instantiate the default scheduler within your custom
one (or let you custom inherit from default).

Each time, you get a scheduling request, you just decide if you want to
forward the request to the default scheduler, or take care of it in you
custom implementation.
(If you are able to modify the cluster meta data about about available
supervisors before you do the forward call to default scheduler, you
might be able to hide your special servers from the default scheduler, too.)

-Matthias

Posted by Susana González <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.