Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2018/08/02 23:29:40 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Kafka Connection, HBASE-15320

Up in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-20934 I created an
hbase-connectors repo. I put some form on it using the v19 patch from
HBASE-15320 "HBase connector for Kafka Connect". It builds and tests
pass. Here are some remaining TODOs:

 * Figure how to do start scripts: e.g. we need to start up the kafka
proxy. It wants some hbase jars, conf dir, and others on the CLASSPATH
(Depend on an HBASE_HOME and then source bin/hbase?)
 * Can any of the connectors make-do with the shaded client?
 * Make connectors standalone or have them share conf, bin, etc?
 * Need to do an assembly. Not done.
 * Move over REST and thrift next. Mapreduce after?

The poms could do w/ a review. Hacked them over from hbase-thirdparty.

File issues and apply patches up in JIRA if your up for any of the above.

Re: [DISCUSS] Gitbox<-> JIRA (WAS: [DISCUSS] Kafka Connection, HBASE-15320)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Ongoing.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1, please do

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

[DISCUSS] Gitbox<-> JIRA (WAS: [DISCUSS] Kafka Connection, HBASE-15320)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Continuing the consensus on this thread, I'm now working on moving the
spark connector out of core. HBASE-21430 clones our current modules (after
some pom cleanup and dependency messing). I'm now working on subtask to
purge them from our main repo. Will put more info on our old hbase-spark
integration DISCUSS thread from a while back.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 8:20 AM Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 7:30 AM Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> Back and forth was dumped into HBASE-21002 (We changed this config on
> hbase-operator-tools config to not do this? I should look).

I took a look. We asked infra to send gitbox mail to issues@ (they used to
go to dev@). We left the git conversation as JIRA comments option in place
for now (until we get annoyed) [1].

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16886

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 7:30 AM Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> Nice stuff, Stack!

Not me. It Mike's work.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Nice stuff, Stack!

Posted by Hbase Janitor <hb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to everyone who helped (and didn't mind all the patches I had to
submit while I was leaning the process).

Mike

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Hbase Janitor <hb...@gmail.com>.