Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Elin <po...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/10 12:08:29 UTC

Tapestry tree render without recursion?

Im making a component for rendering my categories tree but i have seen that i
cant use recursive components (calling themselves not even indirectly) so,
any advice about how to do this (your own ideas or something u have read
around)?

Example:

Coffee

Tea

Black tea

Green tea

Milk

Thx in advance

Re: Tapestry tree render without recursion?

Posted by Alexander Muthmann <am...@dev-eth0.de>.
  We tried to use recursive components for a menu-structure.

In the end we limited our self to a maximum depth for the menu and now
use 3 components which are nearly equal:

TopMenu
SubMenu
SubSubMenu

Not a clear solution but easy ;)

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:10:59 -0300, Elin <po...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok just found this
> http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/tapestry-crud/branches/1.1/src/main/java/br/com/arsmachina/tapestrycrud/components/TreeSelect.java?revision=595&view=markup
> so i will take a look on it.

I wrote that. :) Basically, it's easier to use generation of HTML in code
using MarkupWriter than templates in Tapestry. I also have an idea to
improve that component, but I haven't had the time to do it yet.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Tapestry tree render without recursion?

Posted by Elin <po...@gmail.com>.
Ok just found this
http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/tapestry-crud/branches/1.1/src/main/java/br/com/arsmachina/tapestrycrud/components/TreeSelect.java?revision=595&view=markup
so i will take a look on it.

I will come back if i have some kind of problem with this. Just when i wrote
this message i found the link to this. Sorry for posting before searching a
bit more ;)

Re: Tapestry tree render without recursion?

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
I didn't  actually click through on the links. I just thought of it as a placeholder for "add a tree component". I believe there are a couple implementations out there that we could pull ideas from for the core version.

-- Josh

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.