Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Phil Adams <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/15 21:51:31 UTC

Need kafka client v0.9.0.2 / fix for KAFKA-3594

I'm currently using the kafka-clients v0.9.0.1 library along with the
v0.9.0.1 kafka broker.
Unfortunately, we've run into this problem:
According to the JIRA, this has been fixed in v0.9.0.2 but I can't find a
pre-built kafka-clients library for this version.

What is the recommended way to get a fix for this problem given that I need
to stick with the 0.9.0.1 broker?

My understanding is that the v0.10.x kafka-clients libaries will not
inter-operate with a v0.9.x broker.
I'm happy to download source and build myself if that's the only way to get
the defect fix.

Thanks in advance,

--
Phil Adams

Re: Need kafka client v0.9.0.2 / fix for KAFKA-3594

Posted by Phil Adams <pa...@gmail.com>.
I was just able to get the 0.9.0 source and build it right before seeing
your email.  Thanks for confirming what I did :)

--
Phil Adams
Georgetown, TX

Re: Need kafka client v0.9.0.2 / fix for KAFKA-3594

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.