Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE <da...@scott.af.mil> on 2002/02/06 23:09:13 UTC

uploading non-ascii files

I have a serlvet that accepts a multipart form submission.

Inside the request is a file that is to be decoded and stored on the server.

My problem is that it doesn't work with binary (non-ascii) data but does work with ascii data.  I'm using JSPSmartUpload, which works fine on IIS, but with Netscape Suite Spot, it does not.  I'm using tomcat3.2.3

Is this a problem with Tomcat or Netscape Suite Spot?  Anyone got any ideas, suggestions, experience with this before?  Been working this issue for several days, searched the web, found nothing particularly useful.

I did find some bug reports searching the tomcat-dev list.  Apparently this was a bug, awhile back but is fixed now.  Does it still not work with Suite Spot?

-Dave