Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com> on 2009/04/16 16:18:04 UTC

Storing interface instance in a user's session

I want to store a list of interface instances (i.e. UserImpl which
implements IUser), so I can have methods:

public void setUser(List<IUser> users)
{
	This.getSession().put(SESSION_USER_LIST_KEY, users);
}

public List<IUser> getUsers()
{
	return (List<IUser>) this.getSession().get(SESSION_USER_LIST_KEY);
}

I'm using Spring to manage struts objects.  Can someone help, I'm having
trouble with finding out how in the documentation.  Maybe my google keywords
are bad or something...

Re: Storing interface instance in a user's session

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/4/16 Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>:
> I think I just was being dumb and did not make the IUser serializable, which
> should be all I need to do, yes?

Yes, you should get exception when session will be saved to disk.

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: Storing interface instance in a user's session

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.
Thanks, I am doing that.

I think I just was being dumb and did not make the IUser serializable, which
should be all I need to do, yes?

If you use SessionAware in your actions, you can receive a Map that
represents the session.  You could pass that Map into your user manager
class, and do the storage that way.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Security Management <
list-subscriptions@secmgmt.com> wrote:

> I want to store a list of interface instances (i.e. UserImpl which
> implements IUser), so I can have methods:
>
> public void setUser(List<IUser> users)
> {
>        This.getSession().put(SESSION_USER_LIST_KEY, users);
> }
>
> public List<IUser> getUsers()
> {
>        return (List<IUser>) this.getSession().get(SESSION_USER_LIST_KEY);
> }
>
> I'm using Spring to manage struts objects.  Can someone help, I'm having
> trouble with finding out how in the documentation.  Maybe my google
> keywords
> are bad or something...

Jim Kiley
Senior Technical Consultant | Summa
[p] 412.258.3346
http://www.summa-tech.com

Re: Storing interface instance in a user's session

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.