Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roberto Viana <rv...@agency.com> on 2001/03/22 16:49:08 UTC

How to implement Multiple charsets in cocoon 1.8x

Hi there,

I'm trying to code my (XSP & XSL)cocoon pages in a way that they will
support multiple languages.

This is an example of what I have in my XSP pages:

for example if I want to support 3 languages;

<xsp:logic>

if(languageCode.equals("cs")) {
	String charset = "somecharset1";
	response.setContentType("text/xhtml; charset="+ somecharset1);
	}
// Russian charset
if(languageCode.equals("ru")) {
	String charset = "KOI8-R";
	response.setContentType("text/xhtml; charset="+ charset);
	}

else {
	//Set default language-charset
	String charset = "defaultcharset";
	response.setContentType("text/xhtml; charset=" + charset);
}

</xsp:logic>

I thought this could work, unfortunately this is not the case.
If this is done before using cocoon 1.8X, then please I will appreciate if
someone can give some ideas/tips to solve this issue.

Q: What Im missing?, What's the best/normal way to support multiple charsets
in cocoon pages?

Thanks for all your feedbacks,

Roberto V.