Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sunilreddy Kovvuri <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 07:21:21 UTC

Host Setup to HA of management servers

Hello,

I had configured HA for management servers.

Management Server 1: 192.168.1.2
Management Server 2: 192.168.1.3
HA Proxy and Keepalived Server with Mysql: 192.168.1.4(virtual ip address
for mysql)

I am able to access UI through 192.168.1.4/client.

Now i have to configure Host.When i type cloud-setup-agent in terminal it
will prompt to give management server ip address.

Which ip address i have to specify (Management server or HA proxy)?

Kind Regards,

sunil.

Re: Host Setup to HA of management servers

Posted by "Serge A. Salamanka" <sa...@tut.by>.
One question about design:

There are several resource centers in the national infrastructure that
provide computing power.

Each of the resource center may have several management servers fronting
different clusters (there could be several clusters in one resource center).

Management servers will have different public IPs and DNs but the
database will be replicated in real time.

Is it the setup that I can go with ?

Thank you in advance.

#Serge

RE: Host Setup to HA of management servers

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
The concept is that you have a 'load balanced IP' which is handled by your load balancers, and you set this IP as the 'host' global setting, this setting can only accept a single IP.  The System VMs will then use this IP when communicating with the Management Servers.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

Posted by Sunilreddy Kovvuri <su...@gmail.com>.