Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com> on 2011/12/20 03:40:50 UTC

Magically LucidaSansRegular show up

I happen to be using a font, StoneSerif (and the ITCStoneSerifCom
version thereof) which doesn't have many bullet glyphs. For instance it
is missing the "open bullet" (x25e6).  Luckily for me fop-1.0 is
substituting the glyph from LucidaSansRegular, which is in my list of
fonts.  Just curious how this is being picked up with explicit
instruction to do so.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Re: Magically LucidaSansRegular show up

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Am 20.12.2011 03:40, schrieb Rob Sargent:
> I happen to be using a font, StoneSerif (and the ITCStoneSerifCom
> version thereof) which doesn't have many bullet glyphs. For instance it
> is missing the "open bullet" (x25e6).  Luckily for me fop-1.0 is
> substituting the glyph from LucidaSansRegular, which is in my list of
> fonts.  Just curious how this is being picked up with explicit
> instruction to do so.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

See
 http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#selection
Bullets count as single words and are subject to automatic substitution.

J.Pietschmann