Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@rondhuit.com> on 2016/07/15 05:39:31 UTC

[ANN] KEA-lucene (program that extracts keyphrases from Lucene index)

Hello everyone!

I've developed KEA-lucene [1]. It is an Apache Lucene implementation of KEA [2].

KEA is a program developed by the University of Waikato in New Zealand that automatically extracts
key phrases (keywords) from natural language documents. KEA stands for Keyphrase Extraction
Algorithm and sometimes indicates the algorithm itself that constitutes KEA program.

KEA-lucene can extract key phrases from Lucene index. The extracted key phrases can be used for
query suggestion (aka auto-complete), "did you mean" search and any other purposes.

For further information, please visit at https://github.com/kojisekig/KEA-lucene and read readme
file that describes it in detail.

Though there are still some challenges, I'd be happy to see readers find interest in the Lucene
library or expand their knowledge on the library through this article.

Thanks!

Koji

[1] https://github.com/kojisekig/KEA-lucene
[2] http://www.nzdl.org/Kea/