Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com> on 2007/08/01 17:20:20 UTC

Building with Maven is awefully slow!

Can you please tell me know what to do? Since yesterday, building my
servicemix deployables became butt slow.

Re: Building with Maven is awefully slow!

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/7/07, netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com> wrote:

> I had servicemix version 3.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT in all my pom.xml. After I
> removed "-SNAPSHOT" everything got back to normal.

Yeah, that can slow things down. SNAPSHOT is a keyword for Maven
telling it to look for a new version every single time it builds.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Building with Maven is awefully slow!

Posted by netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com>.
I had servicemix version 3.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT in all my pom.xml. After I
removed "-SNAPSHOT" everything got back to normal.

Thanks.
-Max

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Maybe you can try building in offline mode.

mvn install -o

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/07, netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com> wrote:

> Can you please tell me know what to do? Since yesterday, building my
> servicemix deployables became butt slow.

I'm not aware of any changes and I've been building ServiceMix over
and over all week. Are you disabling tests like so?:

$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

Have you tried running Maven in debug output mode (using the -X) to
see what exactly is running slow? Is it running slow are just one
machine or on more than one machine? Did anything change in your
environment?

Bruce
);'