Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bastien DEBLAIS <bd...@iftechnologies.net> on 2005/07/25 11:20:42 UTC

JavaScript to Java

Hi,

I write this in JavaScript:

 fileName = 'toto.svg';
 getURL(fileName, fileLoaded);

 function fileLoaded(data)
 {
     var string = '';
     if(data.success)
  {
       string = data.content;
     }
  else
  {
      alert('error');
       return;
     }
     var node = parseXML(string,document);
     document.getElementById('map').appendChild(node);
 }

How to write the same thing in JSP.

Thanks to reply,
Best regards.

Re: JavaScript to Java

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Bastien,

Bastien DEBLAIS wrote:

>  fileName = 'toto.svg';
>  getURL(fileName, fileLoaded);

     Use java.net.URL to get an InputStream.

>      var node = parseXML(string,document);

    Use org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGSAXDocumentFactory
to parse the XML document into a DOM Document (newDoc).

>      document.getElementById('map').appendChild(node);

    Use org.w3c.dom.Document.importNode, to import what
ever part is of interest of  newDoc into document.  Then
append the imported node as above.

    If fileName is a document fragment you will need to
wrap it in an 'svg' element so it will parse.

    See the code in batik.bridge.ScriptingEnvironment.Window.parseXML
to see exactly how this is done in Batik.

> How to write the same thing in JSP.

    I would do all of this before I did anything with 'document'
with Batik.