Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raja Sekhar <al...@eudoramail.com> on 2002/05/01 17:02:54 UTC

Re: Problem with Connectors - Urgent help required Please!!!

Hi  Christian,

That was a great help of yours. It really solved my SSL problem & now I have successfully setup the SSL connection between Apache & Tomcat. But now I got another problem. I have set the Client Authentication to true so that in SSL Handshake server accepts the client certificate from browser. This is also done, but I am unable to receive the certificate in the servlet running on Tomcat.

I am using the following piece of code in my servlet

Object certReqObject = request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

The object returns null. This works fine when I configure SSL on Tomcat directly. But through Apache, do I have to do anything else? Presently my Tomcat server doesnt have any SSL configuration.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

..Raj