Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/10/26 22:18:07 UTC

possible bug in XmlObject.parse()

When I call parse() on an XML document Foo.xml whose root element
matches a loaded schema Foo.xsd's root element, but with a subelement
that has a different namespace than the subelement defined in the
schema, I'd expect parse() to return an XmlAnyType, but instead it
returns the generated type for Foo.xsd. See the attached test case that
demonstrates this behavior. Please let me know if this is indeed a bug,
and if so, if there is any workaround. If you concur that it's a bug,
I'll file a Jira issue.

Thanks!
Ian