Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Patrick Dean Rusk <Pa...@attbi.com> on 2002/10/25 18:08:22 UTC

Wondering about CVS branches

	I've recently started working with FOP, and I gather from this list that
there are multiple CVS branches of code, in particular for the new design
and for the upcoming 0.20.5.  I gather from the "fop-cvs" messages that at
least one of these is called "FOP_0-20-0_Alt-Design".

	How can I find out about all of the branch names?  Which "branch" is the
default trunk?  The upcoming 0.20.5 maintenance release?

	Thank you.

Patrick Rusk

Re: Wondering about CVS branches

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 18:08, Patrick Dean Rusk wrote:
> 	I've recently started working with FOP, and I gather from this list that
> there are multiple CVS branches of code, in particular for the new design
> and for the upcoming 0.20.5.  I gather from the "fop-cvs" messages that at
> least one of these is called "FOP_0-20-0_Alt-Design".
>
> 	How can I find out about all of the branch names?  Which "branch" is the
> default trunk?  The upcoming 0.20.5 maintenance release?

One way with cvs is to do a cvs log on a file.
It will list the "symbolic names" where the branches and tags on
branches have the version form of 1.x.x.x

You will then find the names of the branches that Peter mentioned.

Re: Wondering about CVS branches

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Patrick,

There are three:

HEAD is the top of the trunk, of course, and is the mainline redesign.

fop-0_20_2-maintain is the line of development of the current working
version.  All of the releases since, let's say, 0.20.2, have been off
this branch.  If you want to do any work on the current version, you
need to checkout this tag.  cvs status -v in one of the directories
should expose the tags that have been applied as the various releases
have been made.

FOP_0-20-0_Alt-Design is an Alt(ernative new)-Design.  That's what I've
been working on.  It is focussed on a re-working of properties handling,
so far.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/