Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2010/11/13 01:02:33 UTC

[RELEASE] 0.6.8

Greetings,

I have some bad news, and some good news.

The Bad News is that a regression[1] made its way into our latest
release, 0.6.7.  Sorry about that, we try really hard to keep that from
happening, but every once in a while one sneaks through.

The Good News is that it's been fixed and we've expedited a new release.
Since this regression breaks read-repair, we recommend you upgrade to
0.6.8 right away.

As usual, links to binary and source archives are available from the
Downloads page[3], and packages for Debian-based systems are available
from our repo[4].

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1727
[2]: http://goo.gl/iTJHD (CHANGES.txt)
[3]: http://cassandra.apache.org/download
[4]: http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [RELEASE] 0.6.8

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 10:21 +0800, Schubert Zhang wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> The tag 0.6.8 is not available in SVN

It's there now.  Thanks for letting me know.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [RELEASE] 0.6.8