Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Peter A. Daly" <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/14 21:48:43 UTC

Re: [Nutch-general] How to refresh the application context - to use the merged index

One method I have used in that past is to "touch
/[webpath...]/WEB-INF/web.xml".  That requires a servlet container that
detects an updated timestamp on web.xml and restarts the app.

Another way is to add a customer wrapper around the jsp code that gets the
NutchBean to detect some sort of new index flag and create a new nutchbean.
I had memory problems with this method, and just touch the web.xml from my
crawl script.

-Pete