Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/01/30 21:11:01 UTC

Can't tag CVS!

The user mirceatoma has a lock on the src/xdocs/images directory, and I can't tag
CVS.  Unfortunately he is not even logged into the system.

For root@apache.org:

the CVS repository is jakarta-avalon-excalibur.

I am trying to tag CVS with the command

cvs -z3 tag Excalibur_4_1

I keep getting this message repeated at the command line:

cvs server: [11:35:04] waiting for mirceatoma's lock in /home/cvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/xdocs/images

Is there anyway we can force the lock to be released and get the release tagged?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin