Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <ko...@iki.fi> on 2005/06/08 07:20:12 UTC

Re: svn commit: r15003 - trunk/contrib/client-side/psvn

xsteve@tigris.org writes:

> +(defvar svn-global-keymap nil "Global keymap for psvn.el")
>  (defcustom svn-status-prefix-key [(control x) (meta s)]
>    "Prefix key for the psvn commands in the global keymap."

I think this still won't work right.  When the file is initially
loaded, the setter of svn-status-prefix-key gets run while
svn-global-keymap is still nil.  Later, svn-global-keymap is
bound to a keymap, but that won't affect the binding in the
global keymap.

I see two ways to fix this:

(a) Bind svn-status-prefix-key to a keymap before the defcustom.

(b) Make the global keymap refer to the svn-global-keymap symbol,
    rather than to the keymap that is its value.  Then do (fset
    'svn-global-keymap svn-global-keymap) after the keymap has
    been assigned.  I'd prefer this solution, because it lets C-h
    b display the "svn-global-keymap" name.  Also, it could allow
    the keymap to be autoloaded.