Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cctech <cc...@cityarchitect.co.uk> on 2003/05/27 21:11:47 UTC

A Better Build.xml?

I am a beginner with jetspeed, and found it very confusing where all the
various files live in a typical Jetspeed portal. I copied the tutorial
build.xml file and modified it for my project.
It seems that my portal starts in ./portal and ./src and ./torque/schema
and ends up in various combinations of ./webapp and ./bin. I have tried
all the various build targets, but have had various problems with the
build overwriting my files, and in general not putting the whole app
together; the only target combinations that seem to get all of my
application into deployment are "all" + "portal" + "deploy". Is there a
more simple setup and build file that I could use?

Thanks in advance from a frustrated Jetspeed developer.... (Love it
really)