Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Programozas <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/07 20:11:28 UTC

ValidField question

Hello!

My question is: why is

    net.sf.tapestry.valid.ValidField.readValue()

protected? Why is it not public?

My problem is that I would like to get the value of a ValidField component during validation of a form but I can't because readValue() is protected.

Thanks,
Norbi

Re: ValidField question

Posted by Programozas <pr...@hotmail.com>.
> Please phrase your questions in terms of what you want to accomplish, not
> how you'd like to change the API.
Never the less! :))

I would like to create a validator for ValidField, which check if this
ValidField's value is equal to another ValidField's value. In

    public Object toObject(IField field, String input)

I would like to get the value of the ValidFields to check the equality.

I have already finished the client side validation of this
(renderValidatorContribution()) and works.
Can you help me how to create it for the server side?

Thanks,
Norbi

RE: ValidField question

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
readValue() is used when the ValidField is rendering.  It obtains a value,
feeds it to the validator for formatting.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components