Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com> on 2003/02/07 02:19:09 UTC

James with an IMAP 4 server

Any support IMAP4 with SSL?

Any way to use existing maildir folders?

Any way to import maildir folders into rdmbs mailstores?

I am looking for a way to migrate off an existing configuration of:
	exim 4 + courier imap

Thanks

Re: James with an IMAP 4 server

Posted by Christian Myrvold <ch...@myrvold.info>.
Hi Hanasaki,

I'm among the developers who would like to help with IMAP. Haven't had
much time lately to get into this and I'm not the right one to take a
lead on this since I'm fairly inexperienced, but I'm currently working
with my first serious Avalon Phoenix Block. So I'm hoping that will help
for my understanding with James. After an important milestone 28/2 I
should be able to be more active with James.

As I understand, there's currently two IMAP proposals in the James
project. I'm not sure who responsible for the first one, but if you look
at the IMAP2 proposal, that has been developed by a guy that is still
active on this list. (Darrell Deboer is it?)

Anyway, nice with some help and welcome to the list :-)

Christian

Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

> ok.. subscribed :)
>
> I woudl be happy to work on the maildir<lead> and/or imap<grunt>
>
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Yes, I am one of the Committers on the James project, and there is always
>> room for more people who are interested in contributing.
>>
>> You might want to subscribe to the james-dev mailing list, which is were
>> development discussion takes place.
>>
>>     --- Noel

-- Christian Myrvold --

email    mailto:christian@myrvold.info
web      http://www.myrvold.info/

- Mircosoft who?

RE: James with an IMAP 4 server

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Welcome.  :-)

If you look at http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesVolunteers
(and feel free to add yourself), you will notice that several people have
expressed interest in working on IMAP.  So far no one appears to be taking a
lead role, although there are several people playing with the code.

Alexander Zhukov, who is the author of a JavMail maildir implementation
indicated that his own primary interests were IMAP, maildir and LDAP, all of
which are significant areas of focus for James v3, which we are just now
starting to code.  I am cc'ing him to make sure that he knows that there is
interest if he wants to join and contribute on the James IMAP support.

Aaron Knauf is working on the JNDI area.  I expect to contribute to the JNDI
and mail storage areas, along with the spooler.  Personally, I doubt that
I'll have much time to contribute to the IMAP implementation.

We're also discussing adding a james-javamail subproject to build a
community around JavaMail service providers.

	--- Noel

Posted by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com>.
ok.. subscribed :)

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Yes, I am one of the Committers on the James project, and there is always
> room for more people who are interested in contributing.
>
> You might want to subscribe to the james-dev mailing list, which is were
> development discussion takes place.
>
> 	--- Noel

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =

RE: James with an IMAP 4 server

Posted by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com>.
Are you on the dev team?

Room for one more? ie: me