Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/11/07 06:27:53 UTC

Re: com/google/common/base/CharMatcher change?

Hmm, I'm getting this now, too, when I try against trunk, but not from our source build, but instead when I try to add Mahout as a dependency for a new project.  It seems if I wipe out the guava directory, it will then go and get r08 and r09.  Not sure what has the dependency on r08, as when I do mvn dependency:tree, it doesn't show up.  I've also tried blowing away my ~/.m2/repository to no avail.

In summary, when just simply installing trunk (mvn install) no problems.  If I then have a dependency on mahout 0.6-SNAPSHOT in a new project, I get a problem.

I think the problem is due to Watchmaker having a dep on Google collections, which guava superseded.  I added:
<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.mahout</groupId>
      <artifactId>mahout-core</artifactId>
      <version>0.6-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <exclusions>
          <exclusion>
            <groupId>com.google.collections</groupId>
            <artifactId>google-collections</artifactId>
          </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
    </dependency>

Yet another reason to axe Watchmaker.