Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Govorukhin <dm...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/12 16:56:55 UTC

Re: Plugins in tests

 Yakov,

Agree, I created the issue for this. I will try to do it in the near future.

IGNITE-7679 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7679>

Re: Plugins in tests

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Igniters,

It seems that our pre-configured list of plugins a bit grow up.
The full list of them for now:

 TestReconnectPlugin 1.0
 StanByClusterTestProvider 1.0
 PageMemory tracker plugin 1.0
 TestDistibutedConfigurationPlugin 1.0
 NodeValidationPluginProvider 1.0

I think we should move them to separate modules, as mentioned Yakov in
the first message.
I've left a new comment in JIRA [1], so hopefully, we do not forget to do so.

Re: Plugins in tests

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Thank you.

I've added an additional comment in IGNITE-7679 about PageMemory tracker
plugin, so we can move
all plugins within a single ticket and do not miss anything.

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 09:39 Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> I miss this conversation and ticket when implementing PageMemory tracker
> plugin. By default, it's disabled (every method do nothing), but plugin
> instance created anyway.
>
> If we want to get clear Ignite instances in the testing framework in the
> core module, PageMemory tracker plugin also should be moved to another
> module.
>
> чт, 6 сент. 2018 г. в 19:50, Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've found another plugin - `PageMemory tracker plugin 1.0`. It contains
> > `IGNITE_ENABLE_PAGE_MEMORY_TRACKER`
> > which is `false` by default, so it doesn't participate in current tests.
> >
> > But I think we should also move it to `extdata` module too. Am I right?
> > Should we update JIRA [1] description regarding newly available plugin?

> > On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 at 19:57 Dmitriy Govorukhin <
> > dmitriy.govorukhin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >  Yakov,
> > >
> > > Agree, I created the issue for this. I will try to do it in the near
> > > future.
> > >
> > > IGNITE-7679 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7679>

> > > Govorukhin.
> > > correct
> > default

> > --
> > --
> > Maxim Muzafarov

Maxim Muzafarov

Re: Plugins in tests

Posted by Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Maxim,

Re: Plugins in tests

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

I've found another plugin - `PageMemory tracker plugin 1.0`. It contains
`IGNITE_ENABLE_PAGE_MEMORY_TRACKER`
which is `false` by default, so it doesn't participate in current tests.

But I think we should also move it to `extdata` module too. Am I right?
Should we update JIRA [1] description regarding newly available plugin?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 at 19:57 Dmitriy Govorukhin <
dmitriy.govorukhin@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Yakov,
>
> Agree, I created the issue for this. I will try to do it in the near
> future.
>
> IGNITE-7679 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7679>
>

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 8:40 AM, Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Guys,
> >
> > When running tests from core module I see that Ignite has 2 plugins
> > configured by default (because they are available in classpath):
> >
> > -TestReconnectPlugin 1.0
> > -StanByClusterTestProvider 1.0
> >
> > It seems they were introduced by Dmitry Karachentsev and Dmitry
> Govorukhin.
> > Guys, can you please move the plugins to extdata project similar to
> > PlatformTestPlugin and configure them only when needed. This is not
> correct
> > that each test we run for Ignite runs with plugins configured. By default
> > Ignite does not have any plugin.
> >
> > --Yakov

Maxim Muzafarov