Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Drazen Kozic <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 06:05:09 UTC

Using camel-cdi on Wildfly-10.1

Hello,

I want to use Camel 2.18.3 on WildFly-10.1.0.Final. My desired setup
is as follow:
- to use camel-cdi features
- to deploy camel and all third party dependencies as WildFly modules
- to deploy my application as war on WildFly with all internal
dependencies as jars in web-inf/lib
- I do not want to use WilfFly Camel Subsystem from
https://github.com/wildfly-extras/wildfly-camel

I have deployed camel as module by looking at WildFly Camel Subsystem
(wildfly-camel-patch-4.6.0). I took all content starting from
modules/system/layers/fuse/org/apache/camel and put it into my Wildfly
installation into modules/system/layers/base/org/apache/camel.

I have created some routes and processors. Everything went fine untill
moment when I modified my processor to trigger one of my services
which are using Deltaspike data module functionality. I got this log
output:

17:27:52,280 INFO
[com.mvneco.tebio.batch.common.BatchCamelContextProducer] (MSC service
thread 1-5) CamelContext configured: batch-camel-context
17:27:52,297 INFO  [com.mvneco.tebio.batch.simple.MySimpleProcessor]
(MSC service thread 1-5) Processor constructed: MySimpleProcessor
17:27:52,335 INFO  [com.mvneco.tebio.batch.simple.MySimpleRoute] (MSC
service thread 1-5) Route configured: MySimpleRoute
17:27:52,341 INFO  [org.apache.camel.cdi.CdiCamelExtension] (MSC
service thread 1-5) Camel CDI is starting Camel context
[batch-camel-context]
17:27:52,342 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-5) Apache Camel 2.18.3 (CamelContext:
batch-camel-context) is starting
17:27:52,344 INFO
[org.apache.camel.management.ManagedManagementStrategy] (MSC service
thread 1-5) JMX is enabled
17:27:52,455 INFO
[org.apache.camel.impl.converter.DefaultTypeConverter] (MSC service
thread 1-5) Loaded 189 type converters
17:27:52,493 INFO
[org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRuntimeEndpointRegistry] (MSC service
thread 1-5) Runtime endpoint registry is in extended mode gathering
usage statistics of all incoming and outgoing endpoints (cache limit:
1000)
17:27:52,498 WARN  [org.jboss.as.weld] (MSC service thread 1-5)
WFLYWELD0052: Using deployment classloader to load proxy classes for
module org.apache.camel.core:main. Package-private access will not
work. To fix this the module should declare dependencies on
[org.jboss.weld.core, org.jboss.weld.spi]
17:27:52,630 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-5) StreamCaching is not in use. If using streams then
its recommended to enable stream caching. See more details at
http://camel.apache.org/stream-caching.html
17:27:52,693 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-5) Route: MySimpleRoute started and consuming from:
file://c:/test-folder?move=.done&moveFailed=.error
17:27:52,694 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-5) Total 1 routes, of which 1 are started.
17:27:52,695 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-5) Apache Camel 2.18.3 (CamelContext:
batch-camel-context) started in 0.351 seconds
17:27:52,968 INFO  [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService
Thread Pool -- 59) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: /tebio-batch
17:27:53,013 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool --
34) WFLYSRV0010: Deployed "tebio-batch.war" (runtime-name :
"tebio-batch.war")
17:27:53,164 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread)
WFLYSRV0060: Http management interface listening on
http://127.0.0.1:9990/management
17:27:53,165 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread)
WFLYSRV0051: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990
17:27:53,165 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread)
WFLYSRV0025: WildFly Full 10.1.0.Final (WildFly Core 2.2.0.Final)
started in 17385ms - Started 465 of 713 services (409 services are
lazy, passive or on-demand)
17:28:14,328 WARN
[org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOnCompletion] (Camel
(batch-camel-context) thread #0 - file://c:/test-folder) Rollback file
strategy: org.apache.camel.component.file.strategy.GenericFileRenameProcessStrategy@77ab824b
for file: GenericFile[c:\test-folder\test1.txt]
17:28:14,337 ERROR [com.mvneco.tebio.batch] (Camel
(batch-camel-context) thread #0 - file://c:/test-folder) Failed
delivery for (MessageId: ID-dkozic-PC-58228-1493825271666-0-1 on
ExchangeId: ID-dkozic-PC-58228-1493825271666-0-2). Exhausted after
delivery attempt: 1 caught: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not
find beans for Type=class
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.handler.QueryHandler

Message History
RouteId              ProcessorId          Processor
                                                    Elapsed (ms)
[MySimpleRoute     ] [MySimpleRoute     ]
[file://c:/test-folder?move=.done&moveFailed=.error
        ] [        33]
[MySimpleRoute     ] [MySimpleProcessor ] [Processor@0x60f6861a
                                                  ] [        20]

Stacktrace
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find beans for Type=class
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.handler.QueryHandler
        at org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.provider.BeanProvider.getBeanDefinitions(BeanProvider.java:415)
        at org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.provider.BeanProvider.getBeanDefinitions(BeanProvider.java:398)
        at org.apache.deltaspike.proxy.api.DeltaSpikeProxyContextualLifecycle.instantiateDelegateInvocationHandler(DeltaSpikeProxyContextualLifecycle.java:124)
        at org.apache.deltaspike.proxy.api.DeltaSpikeProxyContextualLifecycle.create(DeltaSpikeProxyContextualLifecycle.java:84)
        at org.apache.deltaspike.core.util.bean.ImmutableBean.create(ImmutableBean.java:72)
        at org.jboss.weld.context.unbound.DependentContextImpl.get(DependentContextImpl.java:70)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.ContextualInstanceStrategy$DefaultContextualInstanceStrategy.get(ContextualInstanceStrategy.java:101)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.ContextualInstance.get(ContextualInstance.java:50)
        at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.getReference(BeanManagerImpl.java:742)
        at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.getInjectableReference(BeanManagerImpl.java:842)
        at org.jboss.weld.injection.FieldInjectionPoint.inject(FieldInjectionPoint.java:92)
        at org.jboss.weld.util.Beans.injectBoundFields(Beans.java:364)
        at org.jboss.weld.util.Beans.injectFieldsAndInitializers(Beans.java:375)
        at org.jboss.weld.injection.producer.ResourceInjector$1.proceed(ResourceInjector.java:70)
        at org.jboss.weld.injection.InjectionContextImpl.run(InjectionContextImpl.java:48)
        at org.jboss.weld.injection.producer.ResourceInjector.inject(ResourceInjector.java:72)
        at org.jboss.weld.injection.producer.BasicInjectionTarget.inject(BasicInjectionTarget.java:121)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.ManagedBean.create(ManagedBean.java:159)
        at org.jboss.weld.context.AbstractContext.get(AbstractContext.java:96)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.ContextualInstanceStrategy$DefaultContextualInstanceStrategy.get(ContextualInstanceStrategy.java:101)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.ContextualInstanceStrategy$ApplicationScopedContextualInstanceStrategy.get(ContextualInstanceStrategy.java:141)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.ContextualInstance.get(ContextualInstance.java:50)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.ContextBeanInstance.getInstance(ContextBeanInstance.java:99)
        at org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.ProxyMethodHandler.getInstance(ProxyMethodHandler.java:125)
        at com.mvneco.ecofin.service.FinAccountServiceBean$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.getOptionalFinAccount(Unknown
Source)
        at com.mvneco.tebio.batch.simple.MySimpleProcessor.process(MySimpleProcessor.java:37)
        at org.apache.camel.processor.DelegateSyncProcessor.process(DelegateSyncProcessor.java:63)
        at org.apache.camel.management.InstrumentationProcessor.process(InstrumentationProcessor.java:77)
        at org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryErrorHandler.process(RedeliveryErrorHandler.java:542)
        at org.apache.camel.processor.CamelInternalProcessor.process(CamelInternalProcessor.java:197)
        at org.apache.camel.processor.CamelInternalProcessor.process(CamelInternalProcessor.java:197)
        at org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileConsumer.processExchange(GenericFileConsumer.java:460)
        at org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileConsumer.processBatch(GenericFileConsumer.java:227)
        at org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileConsumer.poll(GenericFileConsumer.java:191)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.ScheduledPollConsumer.doRun(ScheduledPollConsumer.java:175)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.ScheduledPollConsumer.run(ScheduledPollConsumer.java:102)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I have to mention that my tests passes (@RunWith(CamelCdiRunner.class)).

My src/main/webapp/META-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml is like this:

<jboss-deployment-structure xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.0">
        <deployment>
                <dependencies>
                        <module name="org.apache.deltaspike.core"
services="export" />
                        <module name="org.apache.deltaspike.modules"
services="export" />
                        <module name="org.apache.commons.lang3" />

                        <module name="org.apache.camel.core"
export="true" services="export" />
                        <module name="org.apache.camel.component.ftp"
export="true" services="export" />
                        <module name="org.apache.camel.component.cdi"
export="true" services="export" />

                </dependencies>
        </deployment>
</jboss-deployment-structure>

Every of jars declared as dependency in pom.xml have beans.xml. I have
tried different wildfly module configurations without success.

Any help is appreciated.

Drazen Kozic

Re: Using camel-cdi on Wildfly-10.1

Posted by Drazen Kozic <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello John,

I have ammended my module.xml files of camel modules. No progress.

But I have found pattern. If I declare some other bean like this:

@ApplicationScoped
public class ApplicationLifecycleBean {

    private static final Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(ApplicationLifecycleBean.class);

    @Inject
    private FinAccountRepository repo;

    public void init(@Observes @Initialized(ApplicationScoped.class)
Object init) {

        try {
            logger.info("Repo initialized: {}", repo);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            logger.error("Error: ", e);        }
    }

    public void destroy(@Observes @Destroyed(ApplicationScoped.class)
Object init) {
    }

}

then everything works fine. If this bean is not listener, but plain
bean then it is not initialized and error appears again.

It seams that problem is related with the fact that
FinAccountRepository is interface annotated with @Repository. It is
DeltaSpike Partial Bean. <y conclussion is that pronlem is related to
order of initialisation of CDI extensions of camel-cdi and DeltaSpike.
Some race condition appears.

The workaround is to create bean like this one above and inject all
collaborators in it. Just to have them initialised before camel uses
them.

Best regards

Drazen Kozic

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.