Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> on 2019/11/01 00:08:02 UTC

Re: Next Generation Integration Testing for Plugins/Core

am, programming language is our toy ;-)
everybody has some preferences, so i respect them and i understand that
even the Lambda would be a big jump for us nevertheless the Groovy or
Kotlin.
i saw the parameterized tests, re-runs in Groovy, log result of assertion
statements, and I spoke with Benedikt and we agreed that Spock is very
special and we like it.
i do not want to push Karl. Maybe one advice is to think about the
programming approach where these annotations and code would be easily used
in another languages too.
that's basically all from my side.

Enjoy!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I needed to test a maven plugin around graal so wrote a junit5
extension relying on testcontainers. Think it is close to this thread so
sharing the idea/code:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=geronimo-arthur.git;a=blob;f=integration-test/src/test/java/org/apache/geronimo/arthur/integrationtests/MavenTest.java;h=4372204eaa24513b4c9ecaf6b4a17c22339892bc;hb=19d8c093008ca4c03ced1858aed0f884a60d7220