Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ricardo Gamero <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/07 20:00:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirecting URL

Hello everyone!

here's my problem (a very simple one ;); I've been trying to redirect my
home page (http://168.243.x.x/index.html) to a secure one in the same server
ip: https://168.243.x.x/apps/servlets/IndexServlet
both URL works fine separated, I tried the REDIRECT directive in the
httpd.conf but it throws a runtime exception (if i could say that :)

i've asked master google for manuals but nothing concrete and with no-runing
code examples.
i'd really apreciate your help!!

thanks anyway! c-u

--
Nature's an algorithm written in divine language...

Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting URL

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 2/7/06, Ricardo Gamero <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
>  here's my problem (a very simple one ;); I've been trying to redirect my
> home page (http://168.243.x.x/index.html) to a secure one in the same server
> ip: https://168.243.x.x/apps/servlets/IndexServlet
>  both URL works fine separated, I tried the REDIRECT directive in the
> httpd.conf but it throws a runtime exception (if i could say that :)

EXACTLY what did you try and EXACTLY what was the error?

>  i've asked master google for manuals but nothing concrete and with
> no-runing code examples.
>  i'd really apreciate your help!!

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/urlmapping.html#redirect

Redirect /index.html https://168.243.x.x/apps/servlets/IndexServlet