Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com> on 2002/05/28 21:00:47 UTC

Automatic logon feature

I enabled automatic logon in jr.props: automatic.logon.enable=true. If I
check "Remember me on this computer", I expected a cookie to be created on
my machine but it isn't. Cookies created via JavaScript or by accessing
other sites work fine. I am running both sever and client on Win2K. Is there
something that I'm missing here?

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com
web: http://www.ngsltd.com

Re: Automatic logon feature

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com> wrote:
> I enabled automatic logon in jr.props: automatic.logon.enable=true.
> If I
> check "Remember me on this computer", I expected a cookie to be
> created on
> my machine but it isn't. Cookies created via JavaScript or by
> accessing
> other sites work fine. I am running both sever and client on Win2K.
> Is there
> something that I'm missing here?

How are you accessing your site?

Is it via something like http://localhost...

The problem with this, is that somewhere (not sure if its client or
server) it needs a larger (? fuller ?) name for the host.

That is, if you stick an entry in HOSTS file, mapping (for example)
mypc.localhost.com to 127.0.0.1 and then access the site using this
name, ( http://mypc.localhost.com... ) the cookies should work.

Regards,
Chris

=====