Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by polymorphisme <we...@polymorphisme.org> on 2012/07/14 20:08:08 UTC

Small error to the documentation

Hi,

I have see an error to the documentation :
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-script

How can I do a patch to the documentation ?

Regards.

Re: Small error to the documentation

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 18/07/12 18:21, Glenn Adams wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Chris Bowditch
> > <bo...@hotmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> On 14/07/2012 22:14, Glenn Adams wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Glenn,
> >>
> >> I've moved this discussion to fop-dev as its now more relevant there.
> >>

> >>  the source for this file is under
> src/documentation/content/**xdocs/compliance.ihtml;
> just
> >>>

> >> Actually the changes you made to update the documentation for the 1.1
> >> release don't appear to have yet been merged back to trunk. This error
> only
> >> exists in the 1.1 branch. I have committed a fix to the 1.1 branch in
> >> revision: 1362810, but this raises the question on when the changes for
> the
> >> 1.1 documentation will be merged back to trunk?
> >>

> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but a reintegration merge in SVN effectively
> > precludes further use of the branch [1], at least without a lot of effort
> > in making a subsequent merge.
>
> Did you see my answer about this?
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-dev/201207.mbox/browser
>
> Also, a comment in that stackoverflow question points to this other
> question:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3309602/subversion-branch-reintegration-in-v1-6
>
> And since Apache runs Subversion 1.7, you should be fine.
>
> > [1]
> >
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/102472/subversion-branch-reintegration

Thanks, I had missed your response. I'll give this technique a try.

Re: Small error to the documentation

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
On 18/07/12 18:21, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Chris Bowditch
> <bo...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 14/07/2012 22:14, Glenn Adams wrote:
>>
>> Hi Glenn,
>>
>> I've moved this discussion to fop-dev as its now more relevant there.
>>

>>  the source for this file is under src/documentation/content/**xdocs/compliance.ihtml;
>>> you can create a bug attaching a patch, or if it is a simple change, just
>>> send the diff or describe it in an email
>>>

>> Actually the changes you made to update the documentation for the 1.1
>> release don't appear to have yet been merged back to trunk. This error only
>> exists in the 1.1 branch. I have committed a fix to the 1.1 branch in
>> revision: 1362810, but this raises the question on when the changes for the
>> 1.1 documentation will be merged back to trunk?
>>

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but a reintegration merge in SVN effectively
> precludes further use of the branch [1], at least without a lot of effort
> in making a subsequent merge.

Did you see my answer about this?
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-dev/201207.mbox/browser

Also, a comment in that stackoverflow question points to this other
question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3309602/subversion-branch-reintegration-in-v1-6

And since Apache runs Subversion 1.7, you should be fine.

> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/102472/subversion-branch-reintegration
>
> If I do such a merge from fop-1_1 branch to trunk, then it won't be useful
> as we continue to a final 1.1 release. I suppose I could do a cherry pick
> merge back to trunk for some commits on the fop-1_1 branch. Is that
> something that's been done in the past on FOP?

Vincent

Re: Small error to the documentation

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 18/07/2012 18:21, Glenn Adams wrote:

Hi Glenn,

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Chris Bowditch
> <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com <ma...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 14/07/2012 22:14, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>     Hi Glenn,
>
>     I've moved this discussion to fop-dev as its now more relevant there.
>

>         the source for this file is under
>         src/documentation/content/xdocs/compliance.ihtml; you can
>         create a bug attaching a patch, or if it is a simple change,
>         just send the diff or describe it in an email
>

>     Actually the changes you made to update the documentation for the
>     1.1 release don't appear to have yet been merged back to trunk.
>     This error only exists in the 1.1 branch. I have committed a fix
>     to the 1.1 branch in revision: 1362810, but this raises the
>     question on when the changes for the 1.1 documentation will be
>     merged back to trunk?
>

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but a reintegration merge in SVN effectively
> precludes further use of the branch [1], at least without a lot of
> effort in making a subsequent merge.
>
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/102472/subversion-branch-reintegration
>
> If I do such a merge from fop-1_1 branch to trunk, then it won't be
> useful as we continue to a final 1.1 release. I suppose I could do a
> cherry pick merge back to trunk for some commits on the fop-1_1
> branch. Is that something that's been done in the past on FOP?

That's right if you merge the changes you made to the documentation in
the 1.1 branch back to trunk now then any other bug fixes made to 1.1
would need to be cherry picked back to trunk until the final 1.1.
release. I'm not 100% certain if that was done in previous FOP releases
as its been a while since we did one, but I think so. It is certainly a
practice we use at my employer when dealing with releases.

In the end I'm not too fussed which way you decide to do it. The main
point of my e-mail was to understand your intentions and you've
clarified that for me.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Small error to the documentation