Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2006/03/11 12:41:37 UTC

Re: Sharing the template block between 2.1 and 2.2 DONE!

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 16:53 +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Jason Johnston wrote:
>
> > A question: it appears that both the 2.1.x core and the template block
> > contain the classes o.a.c.generation.JXTemplateGenerator and
> > o.a.c.transformation.JXTemplateTransformer.  In 2.1.x they're the old JX
> > we know and love, and in the template block they point to the new JX.
> >
> > So when using those old classes in 2.1.x with the template block
> > included, which version of JX gets used?
>
> In 2.1.x the old generator should *not* extend the new generator and in the
> template block we should simply remove the class. In order to do this and follow
> our versioning policy, we have to deprecate the old implementations.

I followed this suggestion, as this is also what has been voted on [1].

The "move" is done now. The java sources of the template block are
shared via svn:externals.

In 2.1, the new jx template generator is by default declared in the
sitemap with the name "newjx".