Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Tucker, Matt" <Ma...@disney.com> on 2012/01/27 00:40:10 UTC

Changing Hive Job Log Path

We've started noticing that some of the hive job logs (hive_job_log_mtucker_201201251355_374625982.txt) can become very big, some upwards of 800MB.

I've tried modifying the Log4J settings to write to a different directory, but the job logs still end up writing to /tmp/`whoami`/.  Am I overlooking a configuration setting that will let me put these into another directory that has more available space on its mount point?

Thanks

Matt Tucker

Re: Changing Hive Job Log Path

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Try changing one of following property in file listed before them :

hive-exec-log4j.properties:hive.log.dir=/tmp/${user.name}
hive-log4j.properties:hive.log.dir=/tmp/${user.name}