Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Seth Lenzi <le...@jimmy.harvard.edu> on 2011/04/29 16:29:50 UTC

FarmWarDeployer Tomcat 7.0.12 Clustering Help

I'm trying to use org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer with
Tomcat 7.0.12 to deploy my war files to a Tomcat cluster (two Tomcat's
both version 7.0.12.)

They war file is successfully deployed to both Tomcats but then the war
is immediately un-deployed from one of them.

The following error is logged (ClusterTest is the application name.)

SEVERE: Application [/ClusterTest] is being serviced. Touch war file
[ClusterTest.war] again!

-S

Re: FarmWarDeployer Tomcat 7.0.12 Clustering Help

Posted by Seth Lenzi <le...@jimmy.harvard.edu>.
Sorry, I thought the question was obvious. It deploys but then undeploys
with the severe error I mentioned below. I don't want the error.... I
want the FarmWarDeployer to deploy the war to both Tomcats.... and
remain deployed...

C:/Tomcats/apache-tomcat-7.0.12_node1
C:/Tomcats/apache-tomcat-7.0.12_node2

This is from node1 server.xml.  It's virtually the same in node2
server.xml except the jvmRoute value is worker2 and the deployDir points
to node2 /webapps.

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="worker1">
    <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
       resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
    </Realm>
    <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
       <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster">
          <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
	     tempDir="C:/Tomcats/tomcat_deploy_temp/"
	     deployDir="C:/Tomcats/apache-tomcat-7.0.12_node1/webapps/"
	     watchDir="C:/Tomcats/tomcat_deploy_listen/"
	     watchEnabled="false"/>
          </Cluster>
directory="logs"
	  prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
	  pattern="%h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b" resolveHosts="false"/>
    </Host>
</Engine>

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.