Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2015/02/16 16:35:50 UTC

Dictionaries US/CA

Hello!

Yesterday (2015-02-15) Kevin Atkinson released an update for US and CA.

I have been working on en_GB but so far I have only added around 300 new
words this month, because I have been terribly busy.

I will try to add as many as possible before the official .OXT release
on 2015-03-01.

:-P

The news: the next update will have newer US+CA+the usual monthly GB update.

We are heading in the right direction and, in a year or two, we will
have the best open-source dictionaries... at least for GB since it has
over 10 000 new words since I embraced the project...

I want people to write Masters/PhD thesis with AOO in a year from now...
the trick is to use also the LanguageTool add-on for grammar checking (I
am creating the Portuguese rules for it).

PS->I can't remember if I already mentioned this, but I bought an Oxford
Gold Account in the beginning of the year to have access to all
examples. I hope people will realize that this is a serious effort to
develop the best en_GB around, soon better than commercial software.

:-) ;-) :-P :-D 8-)

Kind regards,
         ----------------------

Re: Dictionaries US/CA

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 16/02/15 16:35, Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Yesterday (2015-02-15) Kevin Atkinson released an update for US and CA.
>
> I have been working on en_GB but so far I have only added around 300 new
> words this month, because I have been terribly busy.
>
> I will try to add as many as possible before the official .OXT release
> on 2015-03-01.
>
> :-P
>
> The news: the next update will have newer US+CA+the usual monthly GB update.
>
> We are heading in the right direction and, in a year or two, we will
> have the best open-source dictionaries... at least for GB since it has
> over 10 000 new words since I embraced the project...
>
> I want people to write Masters/PhD thesis with AOO in a year from now...
> the trick is to use also the LanguageTool add-on for grammar checking (I
> am creating the Portuguese rules for it).
>
> PS->I can't remember if I already mentioned this, but I bought an Oxford
> Gold Account in the beginning of the year to have access to all
> examples. I hope people will realize that this is a serious effort to
> develop the best en_GB around, soon better than commercial software.

I like it, your enthusiasm is great and all users of it will benefit
from your work.

Juergen

Re: Dictionaries US/CA

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
Sounds impressive, Marco. Keep up your good work!

Aivaras